Wednesday, May 21, 2014

some day are better than others

Being a mom has taught me more in two years than I could have ever learned any other way.  More patience, more long suffering, more love, more kindness, more forgiveness.... Monday I woke up and had intentions of making the day a relaxing, close to home day.  The weekends are always so busy I like to have a recuperation day that allows me to follow my kids schedules and needs.  Before 10 AM I had already had quite the morning.  Mack got into the utility closet and got out the sponges that Sam used on our backsplash and before I realized that they were filled with dried grout my kitchen floor was a sandy mess.  Luckily he 'helped' me sweet it up.  Then after breakfast while we were putting away all the food Mack again 'helped' me close the fridge door a bit too hard causing the water jug, which I just filled spill all over the shelves.  But the fridge needed to be wiped down anyways.  By 10 AM I had changed 5 diapers and not washed my face or gotten dress.  But for some reason I handled these things as cool as a cat.  I just reminded Mack to be soft or had him help with the towels etc.  Even though I hadn't done my make up or hair I threw on my exercise clothes and jogged up to the park and we spent the morning there.

Yesterday was the opposite.  No major events that could have been really frustrating happened but Mack was just hard and our heads were butting.  Every time I finally got him settled Ruby would need attention and I never got a break for a few hours.  I lost my patience, my cool, multiple times and sent both Mack and I crying over and over again all morning long.  Just when I was getting everyone into the car to escape our morning my mom pulled into the driveway.  She was truly following a spiritual prompting to come and check on us.  I needed a friend and a little extra help.  We headed to Harmons and did her grocery shopping and ate corn dogs as we shopped.  I love my mom.  She always is looking out for me.  She understands that it's hard to be in my shoes and doesn't tell me that I am doing it perfectly or what a good job I am doing because she knows I'm trying my best but she knows that I will have a hard time too.  She shows me by example how to handle my kids.  She shows me that there is no formula but I need to understand my kids needs and fulfill them and teach them while doing that.

Today is a new day that hasn't quite started yet.  I have a choice every day of how I am going to make it.  Today will be good.  I have a fresh start and I intend to make it better than yesterday.  I love my kids and being a mom.  Even though it's hard it's double the joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment