Saturday, May 31, 2014

reality

It hit me hard this week that we are moving away from the only place I know.  With June just around the corner I really started to feel the emotions of living home.  I started to really recognize how much I was going to miss the people who make home what it means to me.  It's hard trying to balance everything.  I want to spend as much time as possible with family and my closest friends before we leave.  But I also have so much I need to do.  I also want to just enjoy Sam and being a little family and enjoy the everyday beauties and blessings.  Mack and Ruby are so fun and I love being with them .

Tonight we met up with my parents for ice cream.  They are leaving for France tomorrow and I have had the hardest coming to peace with that.  It seems cruel to have them leave right before I leave.  Everyday Mack asks for Nona, he absolutely adores and loves her.  And so do I.  When I think about home and missing it my mom is the thing I will miss the most.  She is the reason why thinking about moving is so hard.  Tonight Mack was crying and screaming as we sad good-bye because he didn't want to leave her and it took all I had not to cry too.  My mind fast forwarded to a few weeks away driving away from her all over again but this time driving to my new home that's hundreds of miles away.  Nothing can prepare me for that moment and I can't say I'm looking forward to it at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment