Friday, May 16, 2014

hello little blog

A lot has changed since I last visited this blog.  We added another to our family 3 months ago and I love being a mom of 2.  My two littles are 20 months apart and sometimes I literally have 2 babies even though Mack is getting and acting more toddlerish every day.  When I was pregnant with Ruby I asked my sister, Katy who had her 2 boys 19 months apart how she survived having 2 young kids so close together.  And she honestly couldn't really remember what life was like.  I want to remember my life right now and I think this blog is the best way to do that.  I love being able to easily add pictures and quickly type a story or thought.  This blog is 100 percent for me and my little family to remember our little life as we know it.  

As Mack got older I started to notice how hard it was for us to be home.  He really thrived on being out of the house and seeing new things.  I tried to leave the house before 1030 every day for some sort of an outing.  The outings weren't always things for him, sometimes it was going to the mall, grocery store, or a walk.  When Ruby showed up I knew that it would be imperative that we still got out of the house first thing.  If I leave the house in the morning Mack does so much better playing later in the day.  He is more independent and less naughty.  His favorite things to do are, go for walks, go to the park, the children's discovery museum, story time at the library, having a friend come visit and visiting Nona(my mom).  I had to quickly brave leaving the house with two when Ruby was just a couple weeks old because Mack would go crazy just being coped up at home.  I felt the opposite when Mack was a baby.  It seemed impossible to even eat breakfast before 12 let alone leave the house.  When Mack was born he totally froze my life, it was like my life as I knew it was over and I was starting over.  In the two years that he has been my little buddy I have learned a lot and especially learned how to be flexible and do things with a baby in tow.  I've learned that sometimes you will have the kid crying at the store.  Sometimes you will have to nurse in less than ideal circumstances.  Sometimes you won't look as cute as you want when you are leaving the house.  Sometimes you won't make your bed before you leave the house.  Sometimes you had a plan and that plan has to change because your baby needs something different.  I'm so glad I learned all this and then had another baby.  Ruby didn't shatter my world she only enhanced it and she continues to do so.  

Just the other day I was nursing Ruby on the couch in our back family room and watching Mack play with his toys.  He recently has gotten better at playing by himself and jumps from toy to toy.  I just enjoyed watching him play and interact with him while Ruby ate.  The moments that I have to sit and nurse Ruby were something I was really worried about.  I thought for sure Mack would be impossible while nursing but it's been quite the opposite.  It's been such a blessing to get to stop and be still and play with Mack while nursing.  I've gotten to spend more time with him because I had a baby.  Our life was more on go before Ruby and now we have seemed to settle down just enough to enjoy it.  

I've been totally blessed with a great baby.  She was sleeping 6-8 hour stretches at night for the first few weeks of life, then she digressed a little and woke up every 3-4 for a month or so.  Now at 3 months she sleeps about 9 hours straight at night.  She's pleasant and easy going for the most part.  She's smiley and loves attention but doesn't demand it.  She's great at sitting and gazing at something and totally content doing it.  

I know that everyone has way different experiences with 2 kids but I have loved it.  I've had moments where it's been absolutely exhausting and felt impossible but for the most part I really enjoy it and feel incredibly blessed to be at this phase of my life right now.  




No comments:

Post a Comment